Sunday, August 24, 2008

Out of the closet

This spook is coming in from the cold.

I can finally drop the cloak of anonymity I have worn since starting this blog, because I informed my bosses about it and they have approved it.

My employer (whom I will continue not to name for reasons explained below) has a policy that severely restricts blogging by certain classes of employees, especially my class. It can be done with approval, so I decided to be honest and tell my boss about The Freakin' Deacon.

He checked it out and ran it by some higher-ups, and the OK came down within a couple of hours.

I'm still not going to use my full name or name my employer to avoid being Googled by crackpots. (Present company excepted.) I'm not even going to write about my employer, because (a) they don't want me to, and (b) I don't want to. That's not what this blog is for.

So, feel free to call me by my name in your comments  -- which, of course, means you're leaving comments. Please do that. I want to know you're there.

Love,
Floyd
 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Floyd,You made me laugh out loud. I love you -- in the closet or out! Love Sheila -- I've been out for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floyd? Ummm ... OK, Floyd. Who's your Daddydl

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, kind and civil. This is where spam and vitriol go to die.