Wednesday, November 5, 2008

America the beautiful

I went to bed last night in a better country than the one I had woken up in.

I'm so happy and so proud of America for choosing -- at last -- a truly good man to be president. For putting aside all the hate and fear and lies and bigotry. For setting aside prejudice and historical baggage and simply choosing well.

Congratulations, America. You got this one right. The world admires you for it, and well it should.

Bill Bennett on CNN was magnanimous in the defeat of his candidate. He's a staunch conservative, but he's fair-minded. "I'm going to pray for him, and I'm going to pray for our country," he said shortly after Barack Obama was declared the winner. "This is a great country, and I hope he's a great president."

Amen.

1 comment:

Keep it clean, kind and civil. This is where spam and vitriol go to die.