Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Curse you, Facebook!

I have stuff to say, but I haven't been saying it here because I've been spending too much time and energy on Facebook.

Writing whole paragraphs is harder work than dropping a tart sentence here and there as most of us do on Facebook. It's great for the lazy and the unmotivated.

On the other hand, I know that people actually see what I write on FB, however short and shallow it may be, and there's some reward in that. And, legitimately, FB does help me stay connected to many friends and family members, some or most of whom I otherwise would have no contact with at all.

Most times, I spend 10 minutes or less on a Facebook session. Still, once I'm done doing that, I don't feel like doing much else with the computer, so the blog goes wanting.

This has to change. If I'm going to call myself a writer, I have to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, kind and civil. This is where spam and vitriol go to die.